Dynamic Routing Between Capsules
The output of capsule is a vector, instead of a scaler. Vectors can carry more infomation, and each dimensions is interpretable.
The length of the vector represents the probablility.
- squash function: short vectors get shrunk to almost zero length, and long vectors get shrunk to a length slightly below 1.
High level features computed by routing algorithm, instead of using max-pooling, because max-pooling loses information.
- low layer vector times a parametric matrix to get next layer vector
- the relations between two layer vectors are weighted.
- similar to K-means to update the weight.
- backward to update the matrix.
Matrix capsules with EM routing